Saturday, May 14, 2011

Whe I use an "Australian" proxy, it always seems to be actually in Indonesia


Whe I use an "Australian" proxy, it always seems to be actually in Indonesia?
I want to stream Australia only programs to my computer so I have searched for IPs to use. They all work in terms of allowing internet access but when I check the country on hideyourip websites they always tell me I am somewhere in Indonesia and the shows wont stream. Other proxies from the sites seem to work fine and are the right country. Many thanks and points to anyone who can help?! Kyana
Other - Internet - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Clearly the proxy owner is lying about where it's at. This is not uncommon as many proxies are run by hackers who want to use you and don't care about anything else. Here's an interesting article (http://www.personalvpn.org/danger_proxy_servers.htm ) discussing proxy servers and what they are all about.