Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm a clothing designer how can I find a manufactor in China or Indonesia who will make big quanteties for me


I'm a clothing designer how can I find a manufactor in China or Indonesia who will make big quanteties for me
HI I'm a beginner in fashion I have made very unique clothing designs for kids I'm unable to make big quantities for one reason or another I need to know how the manufactures business works. For example Flowers by Zoë and /or Ralph's Lauren all their clothing is made abroad either in China or Indonesia I would like my designs to be made abroad similar to the designers mentioned avobe.What can I do or how does it work any advise will be apreciated.Thanks
China - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
This destroys the economy. Hire people here you cheap a§§.
2 :
Well, Indonesian's textile producer is located in Bandung (west java- 2hrs drive from jakarta) and they have a lot of fashion outlet leftover and they are building a lot of fashion outlets store selling their leftover. In the case, you want to contact them, you can start searching from this fashion outlets and it will link you to the manufacturers too. Try the yellow pages In the sense of smaller quantity, you might want to start searching from not the biggest first.
3 :
What you need is a sourcing partner. You need to contact a company that that knows all the factories related to textiles in that country and they can advise you on what different factories would charge you and the avg quality level coming from that factory. They will also help you in terms of the logistics of moving out of the country. If the company big enough / professional enough they can also advise you on the legalities and can put people in the factory you choose to make sure quality standards are maintained. A lot of factories can be dealt with directly. try www.alibaba.com to find thousands of such factories. But I gaurantee you, you are making a big mistake if you do not take professional advice. Textile trade is getting more and more regulated, and less and less profitable from China. Perhaps better to look at Vietnam. Anywa, my advice remains that you need to talk to a professional if you're serious. www.alibaba.com www.madeinchina.com www.tradeboss.com
4 :
globalsources.com is a great source. also email me and i can hook you up with a personal friend of mine that has his own line of clothing and orders from china all the time. good luck in Biz! elias garcia
5 :
Yes, you can send me an email. I work for a sourcing company in China and we specialize in garments.