Wednesday, December 7, 2011

what paper work and documents do I need to marry my fiancee


what paper work and documents do I need to marry my fiancee?
I live in ohio and I am American Citizen. She is from indonesia with a 1 1/2 year expired visa
Weddings - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not sure how all that works, but call the Secretary of State in Columbus; Jennifer Brunner's office. Or go on line to see if they give info on their site. I just married a couple & the bride was here on a work visa.
2 :
Wow. If she still has a vaid Driver's License, I don't see much of a problem.... If, by not having a Valid Visa, she doesn't have a Valid Employee Authorization Card, therefor, she doesn't have a valid Driver's License (meaning she's not "legal"), then I don't think you'll be able to get legally married here. What I did was google "marriage requirements florida" and "getting married in florida", and they didn't require more than valid ID's.... Really simple. BUT, you'd have to check what are the requirement for YOUR state, cause each state has different ones (some even require blood tests, thank God Fl didn't!) OR... You could Petition for her as a Sponsor, that way she get's a Temporary EA card, so you can marry her, then get started on her new Visa. Here's a website with a list of all the forms INS has.... http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD I think you are going to need the I-129F, I-134, I-485, and probably some others.... (The list is so long....) Keep in mind that this is NOT profesional advice, and it's just what I could come up with from our previous experience. Everyone's case is different, and the best bet would be to get help from an Immigration Lawyer (ours was sooooo helpful) Good luck with everything!