Tuesday, February 7, 2012

do you think that psychology has a good prospect for work


do you think that psychology has a good prospect for work?
I really really want to be a psychologist. all my friends and some of my families support my decision to be a psychologist. but my father told me that Indonesia is not ready for them (i live in indonesia). it would be much better if i take medical major to be a psychiatrist because it has a better prospect than psychologist.
Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Listen to daddy.Remember that social work money is made by helping the indigent
2 :
Why don't you do a combined degree? I know someone doing a combined degree psychology/law coz she doesn't want to have to choose between the two. You can always choose to work in a one of the two fields once you have graduated. There are not many universities that offer comb degrees but such degrees are very useful. E.g Combined Psychology /Law is offered at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia and at University of Kent in UK..Check it out...
3 :
Well we know that in Indonesia psychologist are very less (I'm also from Indonesia). But it doesn't mean that it provides you a good prospect for work. If you're orientation is to be a successful or rich person I don't think it will be easy, unless you'll become a very well known psychologist and work overseas :P but for Indonesia I think better to take medical or business then use your psychology skill to be success in your job, I'm sure that your psychology knowledge will help you a lot to become successful. But you can still give it a try, sometimes luck is unpredictable :D Cheers