Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What are the requirements for a foreigner to open a bank account in Singapore


What are the requirements for a foreigner to open a bank account in Singapore?
I work offshore and live in Indonesia.I Stop in Singapore everytrip home to get my visas. (I dont pay taxes so I dont "officially" live there but Im married and have a kid) A few of the guys I work with have offshore accounts and a couple have an account in Singapore. I will be back to Singapore soon and Im not sure which bank to go to.
Singapore - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think u need to bring some documents like passport when u go to the bank. U can go to POSB/DBS.. They have ATMs all over the island.. Theres an iniital deposit of S$500 and u need to maintain this amout or they will deduct S$2 if average balance falls below. U can call them if u need more details : Banking related or personal account transaction enquiries In Singapore, call: 1800 111 1111 From Overseas, call: +65 6327 2265
2 :
There are plenty of banks in Singapore you can approach one of the followings: Singapore bank: 1. UOB bank - www.uob.com.sg 2. DBS bank - www.dbs.com.sg 3. POSB bank International bank: 4. Citibank 5. Standard Chartered Bank Since you live in Indonesia, you may consider an international bank. Documents required: Valid Visa, Passport.