Saturday, September 1, 2012

Looking for a Job in Jakarta Indonesia


Looking for a Job in Jakarta Indonesia?
My girlfriend is currently working in Jakarta and I'm planning to follow her there. I don't want to be a burden to her so I'm planning to look for a job. Is it hard to look for a job in Jakarta? Is there a low cost housing/apartment where I can rent at Jakarta utara?
Indonesia - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was born in Jakarta and I lived there for six years. My parents worked at this bank, that was quite enough for our living and it's also because they have attended the university. But do you also realise that Jakarta is going to explode!? I mean, it's really overfull, overcrowed, so I suppose it can be extremely hard to find some work there. And if you got a job, it will not be enough as usual. I don't know about everything including the appartment, but good luck.
2 :
It depends on your qualification and where you come from. Expatriates are only hired if they're very qualified. Most of the entry-level jobs are usually for the locals, cause companies can't afford expatriates' salaries for entry level jobs. Unemployment rate is still at 10% in Indonesia, so it's going to be slim pickins for you. As for low cost housing and apartment, there are plenty in the Northern part of Jakarta. (the more expensive ones are in central and south Jakarta anyway). Try renting a room in a house, that can go as low as Rp 300,000 per month (30 bucks), but you can just imagine the quality of that sort of accomodation. Many job and housing listing in the local papers everyday btw.
3 :
Are you indonesian, if not you can ask your girlfriend come to your country and find a new job.